Quiche with a new flavour.
- Pastry of your choice (shortcrust or filo)
- 1/2 cup small mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup double-smoked ham, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (tasty)
- 1 cup cream
- 2 large eggs and 2 yolks (or 3 eggs)
- small 1/2 teasp of smokey barbecue spice (try Herbie's)
- Line a 20cm quiche pan with thin pastry. Use several layers if filo, spraying with oil between layers.
- Blind bake if using shortcrust in mod-hot oven 10 - 15 mins.
- Arrange mushrooms, ham and cheese in the base.
- Combine cream, eggs, spice and seasonings till smooth.
- Pour into pastry case, sit on a tray.
- Bake in moderate oven 30 - 35 mins or till set.
This recipe has not been reviewed yet. You could be the first!
There are no questions yet.