Bread Pudding with a Twist
- 1 loaf bread - white, wholemeal, grained - crusts removed and torn to small pieces
- 1/4 cup rum or brandy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 30g butter, margarine
- 1 cup pure cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup glace cherries or sultanas
- In a blender, add eggs, sugar, cream, milk,cinnamon and butter/margarine.
- Then add bread in blender till smooth.
- Pour mixture in a bowl add fruit, mix well. Light flour fruit before adding to mixture so fruits dont sink.
- Pour into buttered loaf tin.
- Put in pre heated oven at 180C for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and cut into slices.
- Serve with cream, ice cream or custard.
This recipe has not been reviewed yet. You could be the first!
There are no questions yet.