This is a French recipe based on the Tatin Tarte, which is made in an "upside down" way.
Very easy to make
- a sheet of puff pastry
- 6 tomatoes
- 70 gr of gratted mozarella
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- olive oil
- fresh basil
- 1. Preheat the oven at 220 C.
- 2. Wash and cut the tomatoes in 2 and place them in a gratin dish, the round side on the bottom of the dish.
- 3. Add salt and put them in the oven for about 45 minutes. This can be done a day ahead.
- 4. Line a deep round dish with Glade Bake paper.
- 5. Pour a bit of olive oil on top, then sprinkle the sugar.
- 6. Add the mozzarella all over.
- 7. When the tomatoes are cooked, arrange them on the bottom of the dish over the oil, sugar and mozzarella.
- 8. Cover with the puff pastry making sure the edge of the pastry is inside the dish.
- 9. Put in the oven, turn the temperature down to 200 C and cook for about 30 minutes.
- 10. Turn the dish upside down when you get it out of the oven and scatter the sliced basil all over.
- 11. Serve with a green salad.
This recipe has not been reviewed yet. You could be the first!
There are no questions yet.