I love the combination of the meaty mushrooms and the fresh asparagus in this risotto. You can add chicken to this dish if you like.
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups aborio rice
- 200g mushrooms, sliced (the darker the colour, the richer the flavour)
- 1 package of asparagus, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 25g butter
- 1. Heat vegetable stock and wine in a saucepan and keep simmering.
- 2. Heat a large fry pan to medium heat and heat olive oil. Then add onions and stir until translucent. Add rice and stir through oil and onion until the rice starts to be translucent on the edges. This is important.
- 3. Add a soup ladel of the simmering stock and stir until all absorbed by the rice. You need to stir constantly.
- 4. Repeat adding the stock and stirring. When 1/3rd of the stock is gone, add the mushrooms.
- 5. When 2/3rds of the stock is gone, add the asparagus.
- 6. Repeat adding the stock and stirring until the rice is soft. Remove from heat and stir through the butter and the parmesan cheese.
- 7. Serve with sprinkled pepper and extra parmesan cheese.
There are no questions yet.