Why are there not more coffee flavoured recipes? This one rocks!
- 4 cups brewed espresso
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cream
- 1. Brew the espresso and, while still hot, stir in the sugar and lemon juice until the sugar dissolves.
- 2. Taste and add more sugar if feel it needs it.
- 3. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- 4. Pour the mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan and put on a shelf in the freezer.
- 5. Ice crystals will start to form around the edges in around 30 minutes to an hour depending on your freezer. When this happens, remove the pan from the freezer and stir the crystals through the liquid.
- 6. Return the pan to the freezer and repeat each time the crystals form. (The more liquid that turns to ice, the faster the remaining liquid will freeze after the pan is returned to the freezer.)
- 9. Do this until all the liquid has crystallised.
- 10. Serve within a few hours.
- 11. Whip cream until it forms soft peaks.
- 12. Swirl a fork through the granita to break up any large crystals, and spoon into tall glasses.
- 14. Top with whipped cream and serve immediately.
This recipe has not been reviewed yet. You could be the first!
There are no questions yet.