The perfect dish to take on a picnic. Travels well, easy to eat and everyone loves it!
- One 1.5kg chicken (cut into 8) or about 8 chicken pieces
- 4 potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino or romano cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups tomato passata or puree
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 6 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a large oven dish.
- Distribute the potato wedges in amongst the chicken.
- Drizzle oil over the top.
- Sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Follow with tomato, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour water and wine in gently in one place so that it seeps under the chicken pieces.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 35 minutes.
- Remove the foil to brown all over until cooked.
This recipe has not been reviewed yet. You could be the first!
There are no questions yet.