Healthy, tasty and easy Choc Maple Syrup Sorbet which wont last long in the freezer trust me. I make this all the time and it gets eaten very quickly!!
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Generous 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 50g plain dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 1. Place the water, maple syrup, sugar and cocoa in a saucepan. Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- 2. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and stir until melted. Leave until cool.
- 3. Tip into an ice cream maker and churn until frozen. Alternatively pour into a freezer-proof container and freeze until slushy, then whisk until smooth and freeze again for a further hour. Whisk again and freeze until solid.
- 4. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving, so that the sorbet softens slightly. Serve in scoops.
- Serving suggestions: serve with fruit.
This recipe has not been reviewed yet. You could be the first!
There are no questions yet.